Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Books, Books, Books.............

Today I want to say something about books.  Living with my daughter Jennifer, there is no avoiding them, I am surrounded by books.  Jennifer loves books of all kinds.......

 
 she dreams about them............................................
And she has them all over every surface in the house...
Not in a formal like setting as formal bookcase....................
 My daughter is unique...she has some in floor to ceiling
bookcases that her husband, Steve, was finally forced to
build in the living room, just to try to bring some order to
this library of Jennifer's.  She inherited the love of books
from me, yes, I admit it, I am guilty to an extent, but I 
did not, I say did NOT, teach her to want every book she
sees.  LOL!  That she did all by herself.  If Jenny had her way
she would have bookcases for every occasion.  She is a true
out and out 'bookworm'..........................................................
Even down to the flashlight in her hand...seriously I caught
her in bed in the middle of the night with a flashlight trying
to lay down and read all at the same time in the middle of the night....I won't tell you why I was up at that time of night, that's another story in itself.  If Jennifer sees this following
bookcase she will prolly want it along with a few others.......
 Now isn't that clever?  A bed to surround your books and
handy if you want to lay down and read   LOL!  Now she is
very astute in her book purchases...she doesn't...................
 Break the bank to get her books...she gets most free (which
is the best) from the library, and gets books she is missing from different series at second hand book stores or even
belongs to several on line groups where the bookaholics trade with each other...pretty smart, huh?  Needless to say this house is stacked to the rafters with her books.....................


Now if there were a way to win books by playing Bingo, I'm
sure that she would be taking me to play at least once a week.
But, that is my dream...did you guess that I love Bingo too...
LOL!  If there was a practical way to make an expanding
bookcase, I'm sure we would have one here, remember I said
practical...................................................................................
I came across a bookcase that would have been perfect for 
our home state of California...it cleverly pre-unsorts your books for you in case of an earthquake (LOL!)..............
Been there, done that, as they say......also found one that would just be perfect for babysitting....................................
OOPS! .......teach 'em early, teach 'em well, the love of books.
If you are in a 'Zen" kinda frame of mind, here is the perfect
bookcase for you.....................................................................
 So, all in all, just read a good book.  It doesn't matter where you keep it or how you save your place.................................
 Just remember to love what you do and do what you love!
Have a great day......I know Jenny is going to and will probably finish another great novel today!.............................
 





No comments:

Post a Comment